the silent scream

Monday, October 25, 2004

the loony strikes back

my loony friend called me up and ticked me off proper for having disclosed his looniness. apparently some philanthrope had, in a moment of misguided generosity, called him up to enquire after his mental health! and instead of being appalled at how plausible people around him feel his going off his rockers is, he lets off the steam on me. and this on a day when i am trying to recover from the effects of watching a horror movie. now don't be misguided by the adjective "horror". its not the genre that i am referring to. the horror about the movie is its very existence. the mere notion that somebody was able to conceive something so trite and somebody dished out the dough to make it sends chills down my spine. actually, its fascinating what the director thinks is scary to the thinking public, well if not the "thinking" at least public who are more mentally astute than a retarded jellyfish.

and as i said, i was recovering from this merciless assault on my mind when the loony chap gets his act together. he lays the ground work by glaring threateningly at me in the cafeteria during lunch and follows it up with an intimidating call promising dire consequences and an impending "visit" to my desk. and here i sit waiting for the fate thats worse than death...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

<< home