the silent scream

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

mystique

the past few days have been a revelation for me. sort of received a body blow to my convictions of what is really romantic or even "sweet". let me begin by posting the poem of my friend's that i have sort of lashed out at:

i don't know your name
but for me
life won't be again the same

for i've seen the most beautiful eyes
so silent, mysterious
yet vivacious and so full of life

i haven't written before, i may not write again
i hadn't seen you before, i may not see again
but today i realized why it is said
that in love there is a pious pain

forget the context of the poem. but i had thought that if i were a girl and some guy had given me this, i would be amused and would be thinking that the guy is pretty desperate, but apparently i have been wrong. of the three members of the opposite sex who talked to me about this, two thought that the poem was pretty "sweet"!!! one of 'em even went as far as "i appreciate his sincerity". only one was bit more in sync with me. but then she knew the guy. so i am beginning to wonder whether i have got my take on things all wrong! or is /me going soft...

2 comments:

  • i guess i am reverting to my old serious self. here's the thing: here in the so called west, it is rare for men to express their feelings with such openness and sincerity. i think people are afraid to show who they really are, what they really feel, for fear of mockery etc. it takes guts to do this. so, well, i know i joked about your dude too, but ultimately i do appreciate it.
    and you know what, i am getting sick of the west, and its culture.

    by Blogger Daniela Kantorova, at 12:51 pm  

  • I think you are right... such poems are "sweet" as long as they are written for somebody else. IMNSHO any way.

    :-)

    by Blogger V, at 3:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< home